Senior Android developer with over 5 years experience specialising in developing eCommerce apps with a passion for greenfield projects.
Recently completed a PhD in Computer Science focussing on parallel processing on the GPU using NVIDIA CUDA.
- L. Dawson, Generic Techniques in General Purpose GPU Programming with Applications to Ant Colony and Image Processing Algorithms, Durham University (PhD Thesis). (Durham University e-Theses)
- L. Dawson and I.A. Stewart, Accelerating Ant Colony Optimization-based edge detection on the GPU using CUDA, Proceedings of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, IEEE-CEC'14, Beijing, China, July 6-11 2014, IEEE Computer Society Press, 2014, 1736-1743. (DOI: 10.1109/CEC.2014.6900638)
- L. Dawson and I.A. Stewart, Candidate set parallelization strategies for Ant Colony Optimization on the GPU, in: Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing, ICA3PP'13 (J. Kołodziej, B. Di Martino, D. Talia, K. Xiong, eds.), Sorrento, Italy, December 18-21 2013, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 8285, Springer, 2013, 216-225. (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-03859-9_18)
- L. Dawson and I.A. Stewart, Improving Ant Colony Optimization performance on the GPU using CUDA, in: Proceedings of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, IEEE-CEC'13, Cancun, Mexico, June 20-23 2013, IEEE Computer Society Press, 2013, 1901-1908. (DOI: 10.1109/CEC.2013.6557791)
- J. Zhao, Y. Xiang, L. Dawson and I.A. Stewart, Color image edge detection based on quantity of color information and its implementation on the GPU, in: Proceedings of 23rd IASTED International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems, PDCS'11 (T.F. Gonzalez, ed.), Dallas, USA, December 14-16 2011, Acta Press, 2011, 116-123. (DOI: 10.2316/P.2011.757-077)